At My Oreck Store (My Oreck), we respect the privacy of your information. We provide this explanation about our online information practices as a show of our commitment to protect your privacy.
Our commitment to privacy
Last updated on July 22, 2014.
What information do we collect?
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in order to use some features of the website you may be required to provide us with personal information including your name and/or email address. For example, we collect your name and email address when you sign up to receive coupons on our website or when you provide us with comments in the “Rate Your Experience” section of our website. It will always be your choice whether to provide My Oreck with your personal information through the website, and when you do so, you are giving us permission to use the information to provide you with the requested products and/or services.
Additionally, we automatically gather general, non-personal statistical information about our website and visitors, such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses (a number that identifies your computer on the Internet), browsers, pages viewed, number of visitors, etc., but in doing so, we do not reference you by individual name, email address, or telephone number. My Oreck uses this information to measure the use of our site and to improve its ease of use. We may provide this non-personal data to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide your personally identifying information without your permission.
How do we use your personal information?
Access to and disclosure of your personal information
The following persons and parties have access or may be provided access to some or all of the personal information that we collect from you:
- authorized My Oreck employees;
- authorized independent contractors, consultants, and representatives who have been hired by My Oreck to collect or enter your personal information;
- authorized parties including other third parties who provide services to My Oreck or who collaborate with My Oreck in the provision of goods and/or services to you;
- authorized third party employees, representatives and agents who provide services with respect to the third party’s relationship with My Oreck and you; and
- independent contractors authorized by My Oreck and/or an authorized third party.
In addition to the above, your personal information may be disclosed when, for example, it is:
- personal information that is already made available to the public by federal, state or local government;
- permitted or required by applicable laws or regulatory requirements, including reporting such to the IRS;
- part of My Oreck regular reporting activities to other My Oreck affiliates or related entities;
- during an emergency situation or when necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- to any party upon your written consent.
We may use and/or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent when we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will endeavor to take all steps deemed reasonable by us to protect your personal information against unauthorized use or disclosure. However, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure. Consequently, we cannot guarantee and cannot give an absolute assurance that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. From time to time, we may modify our procedures as necessary in order to protect and maintain the security of your personal information.
How can you access your personal information?
By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information in the manner we describe. Upon request, we will provide you with access to your personal information that we collected online (if any). Users may contact us at the information provided below to request access to their personal information (if any) or to request a correction in their personal information. If any of your personal information changes, please contact us to update such information.
How to contact us
Links to other websites
Our commitment to children’s privacy
We recognize the particular importance of protecting privacy where children are involved. My Oreck intends its website for use only by individuals who are 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information online, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us or call 281-866-0027.
Changes to our policy